In 2013, the American Board of Dermatology sought out a partner to overhaul their website. They wanted to increase digital functionality with clear, layered, and comprehensive information, focusing on a user-friendly and attractive interface. They had several goals:
- Provide practicing dermatologists with an expansive range of information.
- Accurately track diplomate’s requirements / progress for the maintenance of their certifications.
- Improve security.
- Transfer legacy data from its old database without compromising availability.
Atlantic BT partnered with ABD to lead the effort in the website overhaul. We migrated the data to a new server, made it simple for users to make updates with a new CMS, and revamped the overall look and experience of the website.
- Rebuilt a legacy application using .NET Framework v4.5 and SQL Server 2012 to modernize the ABD site.
- Added content management capabilities by integrating Umbraco v6.2.5 into the rebuild.
- Designed the new site from scratch to give it a modern look and feel.
- Migrated legacy data from previous database to Microsoft SQL Server 2012 so no historical information was lost.
Since the success with the 2013 launch, Atlantic BT has continued to be a trusted partner, leading the efforts to continually improve ABD’s website and maintain certifications with diplomates. We actively engage with ABD on a monthly basis, rolling out new features that continue to provide value and keep their system up-to-date.