Here’s a WordPress plugin that will allow you to create a cool sponsor wall with flip effect; instead of complicated post management, embed tiles anywhere with shortcodes!
As taken from the
Creates a cool sponsor wall with flip effect; instead of complicated post management, embed tiles anywhere with shortcodes!
Creates a two-sided square with a “logo side” and a “detail side”. Logo side will display a scaled image, while the detail side will show a name, description, and website link.
- Unzip, upload plugin folder to your plugins directory (
- Activate plugin
- Add flipwall tile shortcode anywhere you need it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make a flipwall tile?
Use the shortcode!
What is the shortcode?
Use the following format:
[flipwall id="image-name" title="Sponsor Name" url="http://whatever.com" linktext="Instead of whatever.com" image="url to image" text="description if singleline" ] Description with <em>HTML</em> [/flipwall]
- id = a unique identifier; if not provided just increments
- title = the name to display at the top of the “detail side”
- url = external link on “detail side”
- linktext = if provided, the text of the external link (instead of just showing the URL)
- image = url of the image for the “logo side”; if not provided will just display text “More about $title”
- text = optional – you can use this for a simpler shortcode if the description is just one line
- class = optional class to apply to the tile
Pretty much all of the attributes are optional:
[flipwall]This tile has no attributes, just a description[/flipwall] [flipwall text="This is just a one-liner"]
But your resulting tiles wouldn’t be very useful.
Please note: if using the single-line version with
text, you must either list all of them as such or list them at the end (due to the way shortcodes are closed in WP)
Also, if you want to use the default container, just wrap everything inside
[flipwallgroup] ... [/flipwallgroup]
which will automatically clearfix the tiles.
Can I change the defaults?
Only one simple hook available:
stylesheet: replace the default stylesheet with your own to change the default appearance of tiles
speed: change the flip speed (from 350 ms)
direction: change the flip direction (from ‘lr’)