DevOps is a combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools. This methodology increases an organization’s ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity.
Tangible benefits that we can measure include:
- Shorter development cycle
- Increased release velocity
- Improved defect detection
- Reduced deployment failures and rollbacks
- Reduced time to recover upon failure
Intangible, implied benefits include:
- Increased communication and collaboration
- Improved ability to research and innovate
- Promotion of a performance-oriented culture
If you work with a DevOps partner, like Atlantic BT, you can expect faster delivery of features, stable operating environments, and more time allocated to adding value (rather than fixing and maintaining existing features).