Nonprofit Mobile Strategy
Creating an effective mobile strategy can be a daunting task for over-worked, resource-stretched nonprofits.
As I stated in a recent post, clearly defined mobile strategies are necessary for nonprofits to incorporate into their entire digital strategy to achieve desired goals.
Our 12 Atlantic BT “Gives Back” Grant semi-finalists have varied needs, programs, and goals. Each nonprofit will approach a mobile strategy differently.
The following framework can be used to begin a nonprofit mobile strategy:
- Create strategic plan with well defined priorities
- Research & gain new vendor relationships
- Make new staff assignments
- Acquire senior staff support
- Incorporate into budget
Drill down further for each organizational area:
- Identify mobile needs & business goals
- Which systems are currently being used?
- Identify mobile elements that augment existing campaigns/programs
- Select key staff & communicate mobile development processes, work-flows, & best practices
- Train & enable content managers