Adobe Photoshop is a great piece of software. However, that doesn’t mean that it’s bug-free. Have you ever tried to copy a stock photo for a mock up and nothing happens when you try and paste in Photoshop?
This bug seems to be Windows XP and CS4 specific, but essentially what happens is Photoshop only checks the clipboard once while it is open. This can be very frustrating. Don’t fret though, we’ve found a fairly simple way to force Photoshop to import the clipboard each time you use the “Paste” command.
- In Windows, go to Start and then Run.
- Type in “Regedit” without the quotes
- Once in the registry editor, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Adobe > Photoshop > 11.0
- Right-click on the 11.0 folder and select New > DWORD and name it “AlwaysImportClipboard” without the quotes
- Double click the name and change the Value Data field from 0 to 1
- Restart Photoshop and paste away!
Disclaimer: Modifying the registry can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. We cannot guarantee that problems resulting from modifications to the registry can be solved. Use the information provided at your own risk.